WHAT EVENT OR PROJECT OR PROGRAMME OR CAMPAIGN THAT NEEDS SUPPORT ▼
We always have initiatives that need funding and/or other forms of support.
We are currently appealing to you to halve poverty for the children victims of wars in the Central African Republic (CAR)
CAR Humanitarian Appeal
This appeal aims at helping to reduce poverty and hardships for the children victims of wars and armed conflicts in CAR.
What the numbers speak about the children of CAR
According to UNICEF (1),
“1.5 million Children (now) require humanitarian assistance …
43,000 under five years of age are not at risk of severe acute malnutrition”
Likewise, Humanium (2) argues that
“171 children out of every thousand die, each year
38% of children suffer from chronic malnutrition while another
10% suffer from acute malnutrition”
Similarly, CENFACS is arguing that in a country of a population of 4.9 million (2017) if 1.5 million children of this country require humanitarian assistance; this raises a lot of questions about the survival and future of that population, let alone this country. These numbers do not only speak about these children but also they speak for the need to fund their deserving cause.
What words are telling us about the children of CAR
The media are saying the following
“Children in CAR are constantly facing violence, fear, they are recruited into armed groups, they are living under unimaginable poverty and facing malnutrition” (3)
“CAR is the worst place in the world to be a child” (4)
CENFACS is arguing the following
The above expressions from the media are just some of the few from those who have been on the grounds telling the stories about the children victims of wars in CAR. Their say tell us that something needs to be done to compliment the efforts of the organisations already working there. In particular, most of those who have been there point out the underfunding nature of the crisis in CAR.
Because of what is happening with children in CAR and the continuing underfunding feature of the CAR situation (particularly the conditions of children there), CENFACS would like to appeal you to donate £5 or more to help the children victims of wars in CAR. £5 may not be a big amount but every amount counts to help reduce the underfunding situation and halve poverty for the children of CAR, who are in the most pressing need at the moment.
What you can do to halve child poverty in CAR
There are 3 ways you can help:
√ Take action
You can donate £5 or more.
What your donation can help to achieve
Your donation will help
• Children of wars in CAR to enjoy their basic human rights
• Stop violation of child rights
• Protect vulnerable and poor children
• End child poverty and hardships in CAR
Who are those children of CAR
The beneficiaries of your donation will be the children of wars in CAR who are
√ Displaced children
√ Child soldiers
√ Girl sexual slaves
√ Trafficked children
√ Orphan children
√ Children living the humanitarian camps etc
Thank you for support to halve child poverty in CAR.
(1) UNICEF Child Alert, Crisis in the Central African Republic: In a neglected emergency, children need aid, protection and a future, Nov. 2018
(3) Christine Muhigana of UNICEF quoted by al Jazeera (https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/11/unicef-15-million-children-car-emergency-aid-181130110305475.html)
We look forward to you to halving poverty and hardships for the children victims of wars in CAR.
Thank you again for your generosity!
You can help by
● Sending a one-off voluntary giving
● Sending a yearly contribution to CENFACS
● Providing a legacy or donation
● Sponsoring a particular project, need, cause or programme
● Promoting particular events or publications or even activities
You can as well support with No Direct Cash Donations
Those who would like to support CENFACS by using other means than directly giving cash, they can consider the following.
Give unwanted goods and items to CENFACS charity e-store (details about this way of supporting are given below)
Sign up for a Gift Aid declaration
Nominate CENFACS for a donation at charity fundraising and donation events
Select CENFACS as your preferred charity for donation from advertising revenue
Choose CENFACS as a donation recipient of some of the profits raised from online shopping
Donate your unwanted and unused points and cashback to CENFACS as your chosen charity from your loyalty shopping rewards or good cause gift cards
Name CENFACS as your favourite deserving cause from click online option “donate cashback to charities”
Donate any unwanted excess points of your loyalty card from apps
The above is just the few examples of helping that one can think of to support CENFACS without they have to directly give cash.
Supporting by Donating Unwanted Goods and Products for CENFACS Charity e-Store ▼
You can donate unwanted and unneeded light and easily movable goods and products to CENFACS’ Charity eStore to support good and deserving causes of poverty reduction.
After donating products or goods, these will be converted into cash to support good causes or our work. The cash converted can also be used to support CENFACS‘ work.
When thinking of donation, please ensure that your donation does not bear high costs for us to handle, otherwise the impact you want to create through your giving will be reduced or nullified.
Items to donate include:
Mobile phones, IT accessories, laptops, digital and communication devises, art and design objects, children gadgets and toys, and miscellaneous.
Notes for goods and products donors (Products Acceptance Policy):
- We do not take electrical equipment and devises
- Items donated need to be functioning, not requiring fixing, repair or testing prior to use
- Products given must have environmentally-friendly contents and be sustainable
- We do not accept heavy items such as books, metals and a heavy bag of clothing
- We do not take items requiring large storage capacity as we are not a profit making organisation
- We do not refund or give back the products donated as we expect products givers or donors to act in good faith and in the interest of poverty alleviation
- We do not take stolen properties or items in dispute
- We can arrange for collection if you live locally
Help us to convert your unwanted goods or products into cash to help reduce poverty.
To donate or enquiry about your products donation, please contact CENFACS.
Thank you for your support!