WHAT EVENT OR PROJECT OR PROGRAMME OR CAMPAIGN THAT NEEDS SUPPORT ▼
We always have initiatives that need funding and/or other forms of support.
At the moment, we are currently appealing for support for the following Light project: CARRA APPEAL
SUPPORT THE VICTIMS OF CONFLICTS IN THE CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC AND REGION OF AFRICA (CARRA) through a Light Project
WHAT IS THE LIGHT PROJECT?
The Light Project, which is run every Winter, is a CENFACS humanitarian appeal with the aim of reducing poverty in Africa. This appeal is made to the world of peace to support and rebuild lives of the Victims of Armed Conflicts and Environmental Events in Africa.
Armed conflicts and wars are still an issue of major concern in order to reduce poverty in Africa. Innocent, defenceless and poor people keep paying a heavy price of unwanted human aggression brought upon them. Added to this, are natural disasters of all kinds that have been stricken for many decades and leaving peoples especially the poor ones even poorer.
As a result of these two events, CENFACS makes a Wintry Appeal in the form of Light Projects to help the victims of these events. The project is about bringing light and a blaze of hope to these desperate stricken lives.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Normally, CENFACS appeals to the world of peace, to you to support its Winter call by LIGHTING a Blaze of Hope for the Victims of Conflicts and Natural Disasters in Africa.
There are many ways in which you can help to bring peace and hope to the victims of unwanted destructive armed conflicts and natural disasters.
You can support
- The Overseas development charities’ funding appeals for the victims of wars and natural disasters in Africa in countries where these events occur (such as recently in Democratic Republic of Congo, Central African Republic etc)
- CENFACS’ Winter specific appeal of light for the victims of wars in the Central African Republic and Region of Africa
- CENFACS to support its Africa-based sister organisations on the grounds in Africa dealing with these events
- A COMPREHENSIVE SUSTAINABLE PEACE & DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY for the people of the Central African Republic and region as the current appeal is about them
- CENFACS’ Humanitarian Disaster Relief programme (Rebuilding and Sustaining Infrastructures and Lives)
HOW CAN WE COMMUNICATE TO DELIVER THIS PROJECT?
For support relating to
- Overseas development charities and non governmental organisations, contact them individually
- CENFACS’ sister organisations, speak to CENFACS
- CENFACS, contact us and/or send your support to CENFACS
The above ways of supporting inform you that CENFACS’ Light Projects are primarily about doing something different to save lives than just asking for or giving funding.
However, as there is a say telling us that Money is King, you can alternatively consider financially supporting these projects by making a donation and or a gift.
Lighting a Blaze of Hope for the Victims of Conflicts in the Central African Republic and Region of Africa (CARRA) through a donation and or a gift.
Making a Light Donation of £5 or £10 or £15 or more
You can donate a voluntary amount of (e.g. £5, £10, £15 etc.) to support CENFACS’ Winter 2018 Light Appeal for the Victims of Conflicts and Natural Disasters in Africa, particularly in CARRA
You can choose the allocation of your given donation as follows
• To The Victims of Conflicts and Victims’ Support Organisations in the Central African Republic and Region of Africa (CARRA) via CENFACS
• To CENFACS’ Africa-based sister organisations dealing with conflicts, conflict resolutions matters and natural disasters in Africa
• To CENFACS’ Humanitarian Disaster Relief Programme (Rebuilding and Sustaining Infrastructures and Lives)
• To CENFACS’ cost of making Winter Light Appeals
Alternatively or additionally, you can make a Light Gift
Making a Light Gift
If you are a UK taxpayer, you can choose to make a Gift Aid donation to support the Light Projects. If you decide so, you will need to give CENFACS permission to treat any of the following
- your donation of a given amount as a Gift Aid donation.
- the donation (s) of a particular amount, which you made on a particular date as (a) Gift Aid donation (s)
- all donations that you make from the date of this declaration until you notify CENFACS otherwise as Gift Aid donations
- all donations you have made for the six years prior to this year, (but no earlier than 6/4/2000) and all donations you make from the date of this declaration until you notify CENFACS otherwise, as Gift Aid donations
- any further donations as Gift Aid donations and reclaim the tax accordingly.
(To qualify for Gift Aid, what you pay in income tax/capital gains tax must at least be equal to the amount we will claim in the tax year in which the gift was received)
To make a light donation and or gift, please contact CENFACS and CENFACS will get back you. Thank you!
The CARRA fundraising appeal ends 31 March 2018.
SUPPORTING BY DONATING UNWANTED GOODS AND PRODUCTS FOR CENFACS CHARITY eSTORE ▼
You can donate unwanted and unneeded light and easily movable goods and products to CENFACS’ Charity eStore to support good and deserving causes of poverty reduction.
After donating products or goods, these will be converted into cash to support good causes or our work. The cash converted can also be used to support CENFACS‘ work.
When thinking of donation, please ensure that your donation does not bear high costs for us to handle, otherwise the impact you want to create through your giving will be reduced or nullified.
Items to donate include:
Mobile phones, IT accessories, laptops, digital and communication devises, art and design objects, children gadgets and toys, and miscellaneous.
Notes for goods and products donors (Products Acceptance Policy):
- We do not take electrical equipment and devises
- Items donated need to be functioning, not requiring fixing, repair or testing prior to use
- Products given must have environmentally-friendly contents and be sustainable
- We do not accept heavy items such as books, metals and a heavy bag of clothing
- We do not take items requiring large storage capacity as we are not a profit making organisation
- We do not refund or give back the products donated as we expect products givers or donors to act in good faith and in the interest of poverty alleviation
- We do not take stolen properties or items in dispute
- We can arrange for collection if you live locally
Help us to convert your unwanted goods or products into cash to help reduce poverty.
To donate or enquiry about your products donation, please contact CENFACS.
Thank you for your support!